Under the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017 (the "Law"), organisations which handle personal information (as defined in the Law) have legal responsibilities in relation to that information and what they do with it.
Who we are
AILO (referred to in this policy as "we" and "us") is the Association of International Life Offices operating in the Bailiwick of Guernsey and internationally. Our contact details can be found in the "Contact Us" section of this website.
We are registered with the Data Protection Commissioner of Guernsey as an organisation which handles personal data. For the purposes of the Law, we are the 'data controller'. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our website terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on our website) sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you or which you provide to us. Please read these documents carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you, which is necessary for purposes of the legitimate business interests pursued by us:
- Information which you provide by filling in forms on our website at www.ailo.org, both on our home page and at all other web pages which form part of our website (the "Site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to our services, posting material on our Site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact and related correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys which we will use for research purposes. Responses supplied by you may be used by us for purposes including, but not limited to, publicity, representation, education and compiling market trend data. However, any such data supplied by you will be treated confidentially, will not be attributable to you and will only be published when combined with other Members' data.
- Details of transactions which you carry out through our Site and of the progress and completion of your transaction.
- Details of any participation by you in any promotions or competitions offered by us.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- To store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We process personal information for the following purposes:
- To store it for AILO membership purposes including access to the Membersí Lounge.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To share with our Members if it is necessary to do so to respond to any matter you raise with us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To help us manage our business effectively, including in relation to administration, marketing, staff education, compliance with legal obligations and other operational needs.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any third party data processor we appoint. We will only share and exchange your personal information with data processors who agree in writing to protect your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by law or by any regulatory or law enforcement body.
Links to other websites
Our Site contains hyperlinks to third party websites. Where hyperlinks are provided, these are for the convenience of users only. You should not regard provision of such hyperlinks or other similar mention of third parties on our Site as in any way representing an endorsement by us of such third parties. If you decide to enter into any kind of contractual arrangement or similar with a third party for whom a hyperlink appears on our Site, we recommend that you take steps to satisfy yourself regarding the goods or services offered by that third party and as to that third party's data protection policies.
- You have the right to see all personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to have access to all or a particular part of your personal information, please request this by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We will give you access to personal data in accordance with the Law and any guidance issued by the Data Protection Commissioner from time to time.
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data. If your information changes or you believe we have information which is inaccurate or not up-to-date please let us know and we will change it.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- In the first instance please contact the AILO Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to change or remove any of the data we hold for you.
You may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner in Guernsey, who can be contacted at:
Data Protection Office
Guernsey Information Centre
St Peter Port
Guernsey GY1 2LQ